The Daily 5
In the Upper Grades (6th grade in particular)
Iam looking for some advice and help about using The Daily 5 in my 6th grade classroom for next year. My afternoon is spent with spelling, English, and reading (90 minutes total for all 3). I feel like I will make our time more well spent by doing The Daily 5, but I have no idea where to start! I have read The Daily 5 book and loved it.
So I am looking to you, my fellow bloggers, for some help. Please tell me:
1. How you introduced the Daily 5?
2. Do you do all 5 or slim it down to 3 and which ones do you use?
3. How do your kids like The Daily 5 or 3?
4. What activities do you use?
5. How much time do you spend on The Daily 5?
6. Do you do it everyday?
7. Do you incorporate your English?
Thank you so much for all of your help in advance!