Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day One of My New Job


Hello Everyone!

I hope all of you who are back to school are having a great week! Today was my first day at my new school. No students today, just staff. We all met with the Superintendent in the morning and he went over the handbook and things of that matter. For lunch I went out with some of the ladies and had a great time with all of them! Everyone is so nice and welcoming there. I definitely did not feel like an outsider for very long! :)

After lunch my Super met with me and the Title 1 teacher about what we will be doing this year. My aide position is new this year and Title 1 has never had an aide, so I think we will all be learning together! The title 1 room is very small so I don't think I will be set up in there. The Title teacher told me that I might have my own room (which I'm sure I will have to share) but the Super didn't say anything about that today, so I guess I will find out tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the first day with students! The students only come till 10:30am. Then Friday will be everyone's first full day! Oh Boy! :) I think I am really going to like it at this school. I really hope that a teaching job (whether full time or part time) comes up sooner than later! I just want to teach so bad! But I know God is just testing my patience so I need to just relax and enjoy everyday (which I learned a lot about this weekend).

F Y I:
This weekend my husband's Grandpa passed away in a farming accident. It was very hard for the whole family. He was a loved husband, dad, grandpa, person, etc. We had his visitation on Monday night (never have I seen a visitation so large). The funeral was then held on Tuesday. Please pray for me and my husbands family (especially for his grandma). I don't think she has gone a day without him since high school :(.

Just remember to never take something or someone for granted. Life is short and we never know what is going to happen the next day. Live life by your faith.

God Bless,
Mrs. Crouse



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am currently student teaching. I begin my second rotation with 6th graders on Monday and I have to admit I am a little nervous. Do you have any ideas about behavior management? With the younger students I would always pass out gold coins then students would earn a reward, such as pencil or sticker but with 6th graders I feel I may have to use a different strategy.
    I would greatly appreciate any ideas!!!
    jnorris@oswego.edu

    ReplyDelete